Queensland's Islands and Reefs
** No Single Supplement! **
Enjoy a soft expedition adventure along Australia's East coast on board Le Lapérouse. Starting in Cairns, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, set sail towards Willis Islets in the Coral Sea Territories. Featuring not less than 30 separarate reefs along with the spectacular Coral Sea Marine Park, as well as Willis Island where a monitoring station was establised in 1921 to provide cyclone early warnings services to Queensland. Continuing on to Hardy Reef, you'll have the chance to explore the underwater environment either by semi-submersive, underwater viewing chambers, snorkelling or diving. On Percy Island, enjoy some relaxation time as your Zodiac® takes you to picturesque West Bay for a swim in the crystal-clear waters or a nature walk alongside your expedition team. Next on your itinerary, experience world-class snorkelling on Lady Musgrave Island and its incredibly diverse and rich marine life including the endangered green turtles and loggerhead turtles, before reaching Brisbane, your disembarkation port.
Your cruise price includes:
- 7 night expedition cruise aboard the Le Laperouse from Cairns to Brisbane
- All meals while on board the ship (from dinner on the day of embarkation to breakfast on the day of disembarkation)
- Captain`s welcome cocktail and gala dinner
- Open Bar (pouring wines, house champagne, alcohol except premium brands)
- Evening entertainment and events
- Room service 24h (special selection)
- Highly qualified bilingual French/English expedition team
- Zodiac excursions
- Park entry fees into protected areas (where applicable)
- Port taxes
PLUS! Ultimate Cruising guests also receive chauffeur driven luxury car transfers from your home to your nearest airport and return (within 35m)
Ponant`s new Serenity Policy – relaxed booking conditions:
For any new cruise-only Ponant cruise booked between 25 November 2020 and 31 March 2021, departing before 30 April 2022:
* Pay only 25% deposit
* Your final payment is due 30 days before departure
* You may cancel up to 30 days prior (without any reason) and your deposit becomes a future cruise credit
* You may postpone your trip, up to 30 days prior (without any reason) and transfer your deposit to another Ponant journey
* If your cruise cannot be operated and Ponant cancels your cruise, you will receive a full refund of all the monies you have paid
* If you wish to cancel within 29 days of a departing (not cancelled) sailing because you have Covid – submit your test results and receive a full refund of all the money you have paid
* Note that cancellations within 29 days of departure on a departing (not cancelled) sailing then normal Ponant cancellation fees apply of up to 100% – we always recommend travel insurance to cover this contingency for situations out of your control
Cairns is the gateway to tropical north Queensland and is a popular travel destination because of its tropical climate and proximity to many attractions. The Great Barrier Reef is only one-and-a-half hours away by boat. The Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation, about 130km north of Cairns, are popular areas for experiencing a tropical rainforest. It is also a starting point for people wanting to explore Cooktown, Cape York Peninsula, and the Atherton Tableland.
Cairns city itself is a modern, sophisticated city in the heart of the tropical north, with international standard restaurants, boutique shopping, modern art galleries and classy nightclubs to keep visitors entertained. Cairns also boasts outstanding hotels, offshore island resorts, big Reef-cruise catamarans in the harbor, and too many souvenir shops. The only beach right in town is a man-made 4,000-sq.-m saltwater lagoon and artificial beach on the Esplanade.
Hardy Reef is located off Airlie Beach in the Whitsunday archipelago, Great Barrier Reef, off the coast of Queensland, Australia. It is home to the Reefworld Pontoon. There is spectacular fish life with Trevally, Coral Trout, Snapper and a host of smaller marine life as well as Giant Maori Wrasse and a 2m long Giant Queensland Groper that usually congregate for a free feed. Snorkelling is excellent, as is diving off nearby drop-offs where you’ll find turtles, reef sharks and barracuda.
Brisbane is the capital and most populated city in the state of Queensland, Australia. It is situated at a bend of the Brisbane River, approximately 23 kms from its mouth at Moreton Bay. The city itself is very hilly; the CBD is only 2.2km and is easy to walk on foot.
Popular tourist and recreation areas in Brisbane include the South Bank Parklands, Roma Street Parkland, the City Botanic Gardens, Brisbane Forest Park and Portside Wharf. The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary opened in 1927 and was the world’s first koala sanctuary.
Other attractions in Brisbane include galleries, wildlife parks, museums, markets and adventures. Visitors can relax at beautiful beaches and explore the river, bay, parklands, forests and mountains. There are festivals and events galore too.
Departure Dates & Pricing
Departs Cairns 08 December 2021.
Pricing is per person, in Australian Dollars and subject to change at any time. Please contact us to confirm availability and best available pricing at time of booking.
|Category||Twin Per Person||Single Per Person|
Prestige Stateroom Deck 4
Prestige Stateroom Deck 5
- Luxury Expedition
- 24 Hr Room Service
- All meals
- Drinks All Day
- Solo Traveller Friendly
- Shore Excursions
- Built Date 2018
- Crew TBA
- Capacity 184
- Luxury Expeditions
Featuring innovative and environmentally-friendly equipment, elegantly designed staterooms, spacious suites with large windows, and lounge areas that open onto the outside, Le Lapérouse embodies the unique atmosphere that is the cruise line’s hallmark: a subtle blend of refinement, intimacy and comfort. Le Laperouse is the first ship to offer the underwater passenger lounge, allowing guests to see and hear the undersea world. Images Courtesy Ponant.
Boutique &/or Salon
24 Hr Room Service
Pool &/or Spa