Where to next?
If you’re a veteran cruiser with lots of destinations under your belt, you may be wondering where to next. Here’s a list of some not-so-common destinations to get you thinking about your next adventure. Warning: This list may cause itchy feet!
- Greenland - If you want isolation, Greenland's the place for you! Great expanses of ice, townships dotted around the coastline because you can only get there by boat and a total population of just 56,000, crowds aren't really an issue here! There is, however, plenty of culture, wildlife, spectacular scenery and gorgeous towns!
- Papua New Guinea - Home to 4 million people, 800 languages and 200 cultures,Papua New Guinea is a feast for the eyes with dense rainforests, rudimentary villages and colourful traditional costumes.
- Marquesas Islands, Tahiti - Remote, rugged and majestic, Tahiti’s Marquesas Islands beckon intrepid travellers looking for soft adventure! The local freighter, Aranui 5, combines their freight service to the islands with passenger facilities making for an incredible and unique cruising experience.
- The Arctic - Polar bears, arctic foxes, reindeer and more, the Arctic is wild, raw and utterly thrilling. Resilient communities, fascinating tundra and endemic wildlife all contribute to an unforgettable experience.
- Pitcairn Island Home of the Bounty descendants, Pitcairn Island has a population of approximately 50 hardy islanders living on an island only accessible by boat. This Island has an incredible history as well as an intriguing community.
- Antarctica If you’re well-travelled, you may well have already visited Antarctica but if not, definitely put it on your list. There is simply nowhere else in the world like it. Masses of penguins, sea lions, seals and whales – not to mention awe inspiring icebergs– make for one incredible experience after another.
- Sub-Antarctic Islands - If you’ve been to the Antarctic Peninsula, perhaps consider cruising New Zealand's Sub-Antarctic Islands. Remote, teeming with bird and wildlife, and some of the most pristine islands you will ever encounter, the Sub-Antarctic Islands are ideal to combine with a visit to New Zealand’s beautiful South Island.
- Galapagos Islands – The Galapagos Islands should be on everyone’s bucket list. Incredible bird and wildlife live in a protected environment like nowhere else on Earth. This really is a nature lover’s paradise!
Ultimate Cruising has voyages to all of these destinations and a lot more! We have hundreds of cruises available from small charter boats to luxury expedition ships and everything in between. So if you are thinking it’s time to set sail again, but looking for something new and different, have a chat to our team – they may be able to suggest somewhere you haven’t considered before. Click here to request a call