Australia's West Coast
** No Single Supplement! **
PONANT invites you to uncover the West Coast of Australia on this brand new 8-day itinerary onboard Le Soléal. Discover why this area is renowned for its spectacular coral coastlines, pristine beaches, turquoise waters, and abundant wildlife, providing guests with once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. Your first stop, Geraldton, is located on Western Australia’s spectacular Coral Coast, the city boasts pristine beaches, making it a popular spot soaking up the sun, as well as a strong cultural and historical connection. In Monkey Mia Reserve you may get the chance to enjoy one of Australia’s best-known wildlife experiences by getting up close to wild bottlenose dolphins. You may also see dugongs, sharks, rays, turtles and a variety of fish in the water. Next, you will discover Shark Bay's Shark Bay’s colourful and diverse landscapes, rare fauna and flora and world class examples of the Earth’s ecological processes. Jurien Bay Marine Park and its immediate surrounds is the only major breeding area for Australian sea lions along the western coast of Australia. As well as major sea lion and seabird breeding areas, the marine park contains biological communities, populated with a mix of temperate and tropical plants and animals, courtesy of the Leeuwin Current. On your return to Fremantle, you will have the opportunity to experience this truly enriching small town. With strong Maritime, convict, and colonial history, buzzing markets, lively bars, and casual street cafes, it will give you a taste of 21st century life with the locals.
Your cruise price includes:
- 7 night expedition cruise aboard the Le Soleal round trip from Fremantle
- All meals while on board the ship (from dinner on the day of embarkation to breakfast on the day of disembarkation)
- Captain`s welcome cocktail and gala dinner
- Open Bar (pouring wines, house champagne, alcohol except premium brands)
- Evening entertainment and events
- Room service 24h (special selection)
- Highly qualified bilingual French/English expedition team
- Zodiac excursions
- Park entry fees into protected areas (where applicable)
- Port taxes
PLUS! Ultimate Cruising guests also receive chauffeur driven luxury car transfers from your home to your nearest airport and return (within 35m)
Ponant`s new Serenity Policy – relaxed booking conditions:
For any new cruise-only Ponant cruise booked between 25 November 2020 and 31 March 2021, departing before 30 April 2022:
* Pay only 25% deposit
* Your final payment is due 30 days before departure
* You may cancel up to 30 days prior (without any reason) and your deposit becomes a future cruise credit
* You may postpone your trip, up to 30 days prior (without any reason) and transfer your deposit to another Ponant journey
* If your cruise cannot be operated and Ponant cancels your cruise, you will receive a full refund of all the monies you have paid
* If you wish to cancel within 29 days of a departing (not cancelled) sailing because you have Covid – submit your test results and receive a full refund of all the money you have paid
* Note that cancellations within 29 days of departure on a departing (not cancelled) sailing then normal Ponant cancellation fees apply of up to 100% – we always recommend travel insurance to cover this contingency for situations out of your control
Perth is the capital and largest city of the Australian state of Western Australia and the fourth most populous city in Australia. The Perth inner area radiates north and south of the Swan River on a flat coastal plain, bounded in by the Darling Scarp to the east and the Indian Ocean coastline in the west. It is known as a quiet, safe and laid-back city.
Within easy walking and cycling distance, visitors can experience contemporary circus, fine crafts, original music and theatre, exciting galleries, museums and bookshops. Along with maritime history and extensive architectural conservation, the Arts have become a central part of Fremantle life where visitors can discover the past and present.
From Perth you can access the West Australian Outback, feed the dolphins at Monkey Mia or perhaps swim with the Gentle creatures of the deep – Whale Sharks. Alternatively visitors can experience the wines of Margaret River region south of Perth.
Situated 424km north of Perth, Geraldton is the capital of Western Australia’s Mid-West region and the gateway to the amazing Abrolhos Islands.
Geraldton is perched on a spectacular coastline to the west, rolling hills and breakaway ranges to the east, whilst the Chapman and Greenough Rivers frame this unique city to the north and south. The superb positioning and climate make Geraldton a truly perfect place to visit and live.
Winters are mild, Summers can be hot (but are cooled due to the regular sea breeze), Autumn is balmy and Spring is bursting with blooming wildflowers.
World renowned for an extensive host of water sports, Geraldton lends itself to some of the most spectacular kitesurfing, windsurfing, fishing and diving conditions. With a world leading rock lobster fishery, farming and agriculture, the production of iron ore, making it a truly thriving and sustainable regional city.
Come and revel in the beautiful climate, discover the natural attractions and enjoy the sensational cultural and dining experiences that Geraldton has to offer.
Monkey Mia is a popular tourist resort located about 800 km north of Perth, Western Australia. The resort is 25 km northeast of the town of Denham in the Shark Bay Marine Park and World Heritage Site. Shark Bay is centred on the towns of Monkey Mia and Debham and is made up of Francois Peron National Park, Dirk Hartog Island, Shell Beach, Shark Bay Marine Park and Hamelin Pool Marine Nature Reserve. It was given World Heritage status in 1991.
The main attraction at Monkey Mia is the daily feeding of the bottlenose Dolphins that have been coming close to shore for more than forty years. Rangers from the Department of Environment and Conservation carefully supervise the process.
Departure Dates & Pricing
Departs Fremantle 10 October 2021.
Pricing is per person, in Australian Dollars and subject to change at any time. Please contact us to confirm availability and best available pricing at time of booking.
|Category||Twin Per Person||Single Per Person|
Prestige Stateroom Deck 4
Prestige Stateroom Deck 5
- Luxury Expedition
- 24 Hr Room Service
- Boutique &/or Salon
- Drinks All Day
- Pool &/or Spa
- Solo Traveller Friendly
- Shore Excursions
- On-Board Lecturer